Skip to main content

Lejla Šabanović - an attractive presenter talks about her life, work, phobia...

 


Radio as a medium has not yet disappeared is often proved by the engagement of cheerful and young people. I bring you an interview with Lejla Šabanović - a young presenter who you can find on the frequencies of Radio 8 Sarajevo.

How it all started with media engagement?

My involvement in the media started quite by accident when I arrived on Radio 8 in November 2018. From that day on, a love for the job emerged thanks to the people who welcomed me in the most beautiful way possible.

Do you have another life goal?

Absolutely yes! Sometimes I think that I have too many of them and that I will not be able to achieve them all, but certainly what makes me happy is the fact that they are slowly being realized. I don't really like to reveal my goals and plans, I'm more for the option to talk about them when they are achieved. One of my goals was to have my own show and when that came true I was really happy. Somehow in life in general I stick to the fact that the fewer people know what we are planning and what is happening in our lives the better.

Where do you see yourself in ten years?

I think I found a job for the rest of my life and so I think I will do this job in ten years.

You have a lot of fans on your Instagram profile

I'm so glad you asked me this question. I think the people who follow me are not my fans. I have had an Instagram account since 2017, although I have to admit to you that I wasn’t that active at first. When I started doing my current job, at the same time I paid more attention to my instagram and somehow those numbers grew on their own. However, the people who follow me exist for several reasons. Some share with me a love for music, Željezničar football club, photos and everything I constantly post on my instagram. Communicating with people is great, although sometimes I feel sorry when due to a lot of commitments I don’t get to respond to all the messages.

Is there anything you regret?

Well I would be lying if I said I have nothing to regret. My answer is that I would definitely change many things. Somehow I regret the most for all those missed hugs, love and waiting for some things to match. Sometimes it’s just too late so we don’t get to tell someone who meant it to us the last time we love him, we don’t hug him because we just think in our head that we’ll see that person again, but sometimes we make a mistake. That’s what I would definitely change and what I regret the most. So my message to everyone who reads this is to hug their parents, family, relatives and all their loved ones and to always show and express their emotions to them.

Almost everyone is afraid of something, what about you?

Eh, this is hard for me to write, but pretend it's not funny. I am terribly afraid of locusts. It’s the only fear I have that I think I’ll never outgrow.


What does your day consist of?

Well it depends on what my responsibilities are for the day and I always adjust my schedule to work. Although no matter how much work I have every day I find time for my family, friends and of course for my dogs. Sometimes it will be difficult to plan it all, but for now I am doing great.



You can follow Lejla Šabanović on Radio 8Instagram, and Facebook.

Comments