Skip to main content

A Bachelor of Chemistry Tyra Buckley tells about her life



For those who don’t know you can you tell me more about yourself?

I was born and raised in Port Arthur, TX and that’s where the majority of my maternally side of my family still resides. My dad’s side of the family however are from Canton, MS and most live in Jackson, MS now. Before my 9th grade year of high school began my mother moved my sister and I to Katy, TX where I attended school in CFISD. While there I did many things but my favorites were being apart of Track&Field and a poetry organization called Red Poet.

Once graduated I had acceptance offers and scholarships to several universities and had initially accepted to go to Baylor before I visited an HBCU called Prairie View A&M University, which made me completely change my mind. The atmosphere there was everything I was looking for in a university at the time.

While there I was apart of so many things and gained so many great opportunities as a pre-med student. I never continued with poetry by joining and helping to cultivate/rebrand a student led poetry organization called Triple P. I became a member of my sorority Delta Sigma Theta, Inc., and was an active part of the Texas Undergraduate Medical academy among much more before graduating May 15, 2021 with my B.S in Chemistry with a biomedical concentration and minor in Health.

I just checked your saved Instagram story. You traveled to Houston, Galveston Island, New Orleans... What was your favorite place you have been to?

Yes I really love to travel actually, whether it be a cruise, road trip or even flying. I would say my favorite place that I’ve been to so far is probably Belize. I went some years ago during a cruise with my family and I loved it... the people, the shops it was all amazing. But the time there got cut short due to bad weather so it’s a place that I’ve always said I wasn’t to go back to and experience for maybe a week or so.

Where would you like to travel?

There are several places that I want to go too. Best believe I have a list lol. But one in particular would be Greece. I really want to go and stay a while maybe in Santorini or Athens even. Who knows.

 

You have many tattoos, do they have any special meaning? What’s your favorite tattoo?

Well all of my tattoos have a special meaning to me, but I also just like getting tattoos. 

My favorite so far is the one that is at the front of my left thigh. The elephant with the red mandala design. That one in particular is a representation of my commitment to my sorority since our unofficial animal is the elephant. Two, it represents wisdom, peace, patience and etc. elephants are such smart, loyal, strong and patient creatures and I feel like that is a representation of the type of person I aspire to be.

You can follow Tyra Buckley on Instagram and Facebook.

Want more content? Check my another post!


Comments