Skip to main content

Orlena Cain - I have the ability to find humour in just about anything

 


The first thing I have noticed on your Instagram profile is that you are a Radio and TV Host. So Orlena, can you tell me more about your profession?

I started my career in radio over 20 years ago and got my start on CHRY radio 105.7 - York University with a 1 hour show called "The Cutting Edge". I was allowed to talk about any topic and bring anyone on I wanted to. 

At the time I had popular Canadian hip-hop artists Choclair and Maestro and athletes alike. I have been working as a professional spokesperson in promotions since I was 21 though! Working for multi-million dollar international companies all over Toronto!


What do you like most about yourself?

My ability to find humour in just about anything and my light-heartedness. Love to laugh and make people laugh in any way.

When you were little, what did you want to be?

When I was little I thought I would be a singer. I sang in the school choir and solo performances. I loved to sing! I also played the accordion for 8 years with the Ontario Conservatory of Music - 2 years away from getting my "degree" so to speak at the age of 13. I do not play it anymore, but have thought about picking it back up.

What’s the weirdest date you've ever had?

TOO MANY TO COUNT! I had a date one time, where I showed up for dinner and the guy was dressed in black pantyhose, a leather skirt and red high heels with no shirt. I was shocked because I had NO IDEA he had an interest in any of this and it threw me for a loop. 

He held a very aggressive job as a Police tactical sergeant. Not that there is anything wrong dressing in women's clothing... BUT give a girl a heads up PLEASE!

Do you consider yourself a brave person?

Courage and Bravery go hand in hand and it takes a balance of the two to move through life. I consider myself to be brave, to overcome a very hostile and abusive homelife growing up, not living at home since I was 14 and living on my own since I was 17 - when you are young, you don't know you are being brave, you are just living. Resiliency comes from acts of courage and bravery and its absolutely necessary in this modern time.

If you could learn any language fluently, which one would you choose?

Canada has a large French population and we took it growing up and into highschool. I wish I had kept it up in my adult years. Maybe I will pick it up again one day.

What's the weirdest dream you've ever had?

I rarely dream. When I fall asleep, I am dead to the world... in a deep coma... then I wake and take the day.

I meditate daily and that's the closest thing to when thoughts slip into my mind, while I focus on clearing my mind in the early am.

You can follow Orlena Cain on Instagram.

Want more content? Check my another post!


Comments