Skip to main content

Pauline - I persisted when many people would have given up

 
For those who don't know you, can you tell me more about yourself?

I'm Pauline, I'm an artist based in Paris. I love pictural art from any era. I try to produce images inspired by the styles that move me the most. My work includes self-portraits, makeup, drawings with all kinds of mediums or even photo collages. I'd call my style a dark, black and red aesthetic
I do collabs with small metal bands and small alternative shops sometimes, we kinda help each other, I find it cool.



The first thing I noticed on your Instagram profile is that you prefer black color. Am I right? And why is that so?

Actually, If I wanted to be a nerd, I'd tell you that my favorite color is red because black is a shade, but let's stay simple haha
Yes, most of my dressing is black, I don't feel confident in any other colors, sometimes, even some light touches of colors that are not red, white or gray holds me from buying a black shirt, I don't know, I'm very picky with my style and any detail counts.

You live in Paris. People all around the world want to visit that city. Can you tell me more about the place you currently live in

Paris is a wonderful place to visit but not so much to live in. 
I've been living here for 6 years now, I come from a little city in the French Riviera and came to the capital to find work as most young people do. I never really took the time to be a tourist, it really is the cliché life for me. Boring work, hours of subway travel and no time for activities when I come home. I feel lucky though, because I have the chance to say that I see the Eiffel tower every morning and night (when I take the time to look at it.) But once you stop looking at the architecture like 5 years old who discovers the world, you start seeing that, like in any other metropolis, the speed is hard to maintain and life can be quite stressful.
Everything feels just so fast but that might only be my ADHD,

You have tattoos. Can you tell me their meaning?

I have only 6 tattoos yet, more are to come and already booked!
My tattoos meaning are, for the most part, very personal but I gave them a second lecture for the others
I picked some interesting ones, the list is way too long
  
I have a noose on the back of my neck, it's about mental health and suicide awareness. I have been facing hard times in my teen years and it keeps reminding me of the things I've lost in the past.
  
I have a pest doctor with a rat on the hat on the right arm, I drew it myself and a friend inked it. I have a huge love for rodents and middle age, when my art started to turn to engrave style, I decided to mix them. My filthy yet adorable rodent reminds me of the judgment people can have on you when they don't try to go further knowing you.

The very last one I got is only 2 weeks old, it's an adorable yet very sad white clown inked by one of my favorite artists in Paris.
I used to hate clown as a little girl but somehow always was surrounded by them. I grew up and I'm not scared anymore but I still don't feel like laughing at august clowns. I feel closer to the temper and character of the white ones. They're melancholic, sinister and cute.



What is one thing you are deeply proud of in your life?

I persisted when many people would have given up. As I mentioned, I have been struggling since childhood, yet, I can say that I was there when my family needed me. Regardless of my own struggles, I will always be.

You can follow Necronya (Pauline) on Instagram.

Want more content? Check my another post!


Comments